- 500g Dutchy’s Organic Braai Pap
- 50g Butter or margarine
- 10g Flippen lekker Spice (available at Dutchy’s)
- 1.5L Water
- 650g Dutchy’s Tomato Smoor
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 20g Sugar
- 4 Cups grated cheddar cheese
- Cooked Dutchy’s boerewors
For the pap
Add water, Flippen Lekker Spice and maize meal to a pot and bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer covered for 15 to 20 minutes.
To assemble the dish
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Use a large oven safe dish and coat with melted butter.
- Layer with pap and smooth the surface with a large spoon. Layer the tart like you would a lasagna.
- One-layer pap, cooked boerewors, another layer pap, tomato smoor, cheese and creamed corn. Pour the heavy cream over the last layer.
- Continue layering and finish with a layer cheese.
- Bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Invert onto a serving platter and slice.
- Roast cherry tomatoes on the vine for a beautiful garnish.